Join the SCB as a Full or Associate member
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
- Personal details such as your name, title/style, your spouse’s/partner’s name, any children’s names, date of birth, address, telephone number(s) and e-mail address.
- Correspondence to and from the Crown Office, College of Arms, and the Court of Lord Lyon and other relevant organisations or institutions in relation to your baronetcy.
- Details of membership subscriptions, bank details relating to Direct Debits, any payments made for attending functions or purchasing merchandise.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The SCB Secretary has access to your information, along with the Chairman and, if or when appropriate, other Officers of the Executive Committee.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We store your personal information securely on a PC/laptop (with appropriate anti-virus software) and only the Secretary and the Chairman have access to the relevant files. In the event of computer failure, backup is available to the Secretary using Dropbox and, in extremis, data files held by the Chairman. Your information cannot be accessed by other SCB members or the general public, except for your names and your baronetcy details. Both the Secretary and the Chairman understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow procedures to ensure this. We confirm that SCB practice complies with data protection requirements and we guarantee that we collect, use, store and dispose of your information responsibly.
We keep your records for the duration of your membership and, if you resign for up to 10 or more years thereafter. We also hold limited records for those who are appear eligible to succeed to a baronetcy or who have proved their succession but have not joined the SCB.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your information externally only with your prior agreement. Our usual methods are telephone, e-mail or letter.
USE OF MEMBER INFORMATION FOR ANALYTICAL PURPOSES
If you access the SCB website your IP address may be retained for analytical purposes so we can determine usage patterns.
We may use your contact details to inform you of planned SCB events.
Your information is normally used only by the Secretary and the Chairman, but there may be instances where we need to share it; if we do, you will be advised accordingly. In the case of subscription payments by Direct Debit your bank account details are initially passed through a BACS bureau.
If required by law, we may need to disclose your personal information to a law enforcement or government agency.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER RIGHTS
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy. You should submit your request to the Secretary in writing or by email. We do not charge you for copies of your information.
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete. If we have disclosed that information to a third party, we will let them know about the
- Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information.
- Stop using your information — for example, sending you reminders for proving your succession or information about the SCB.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POLICY
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described above, you may have to consider your future membership of the SCB. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may be unable to continue to offer you membership.